Elder LawWhite Plains Mt Kisco Elder Law
“[N]o government agency has the right to complain that middle class people choose to voluntarily inflict poverty on themselves, when it is the government itself which has established the rule that poverty is a prerequisite to the receipt of government assistance in defraying the costs of ruinously expensive but absolutely essential medical care.” In re Shah, 257 A.D.2d 275 (2d Dep’t 1999), order aff'd, 95 N.Y. 2d 148 (2000).
Elder law is an area of law that helps individuals and families take measures during their lifetimes to protect assets should long term care at home or in a nursing home be necessary, especially as Medicare coverage ends and family members are expected to privately absorb the costs of medical care. At Shamberg Marwell Hollis Andreycak & Laidlaw, P.C., we provide strategic counsel and advocacy to our clients as they take necessary legal action in protecting their homes and savings from these devastating health care costs that are not covered by Medicare.
If you or your loved one needs assistance with asset protection or any elder law matter, please contact us for a free consultation. As an experienced elder law advocate and representative, we will:
• Set-up irrevocable trusts that allow you income during your lifetime
• Advise on strategies to protect your family home
• Appoint power of attorney to address your financial needs should you become incapacitated
• Review Long Term Care Insurance policies for coverage analysis
• Help you qualify for Medicaid
• Advise on how to transfer assets without reduced penalties based on the Medicaid 5 year look back period for nursing home care
For over forty-five years, the highly skilled and experienced estate planning attorneys at Shamberg Marwell Hollis Andreycak & Laidlaw, P.C. have helped clients with estates large or small preserve and protect their assets.
Please call us today to schedule a free initial consultation.